Offroading in Lesser Poland | Spytkowice - Koszarawa
On May 2nd we had a little outing in the forests of Lesser Poland. The route we chose is a part of the Continuous Rally - a friendly competition between the members of the Polish Offroad Club (Polski Offroad). The basic idea behind the rally is that you drive a set downloadable route whenever you wish and at your own pace. On the road you complete tasks and are asked to make a photo of your car at a certain location marked in a roadbook. Each task grants you one point in a competition. After the trip you submit filled forms to the club. The crew that completes most routes with most points wins. It is a great and legal way to discover scenic offroading locations in Poland and Europe without the hassle. All the routes are consulted with the authorities and the locals, so that you don't end up fined for trespassing or harming the environment.
A few videos from the trip. There is everything that makes offroading so exciting - unpaved roads, mud, puddles, river crossing, unruly bushes and wildlife encounters.
Route 22 info
Route from Spytkowice to Koszarawa: Lesser Poland region
Start point location: 50°00′N 19°30′E
- On Google Maps http://bit.ly/trasa22-Spytkowice.
- Whole route : about 45 miles (73 km).
- In good weather conditions the route can be safely completed using all-terrain tyres.
- On rainy days (or shortly after) some parts may be muddy and more challenging.
- Bad cell reception in forest areas.
- For those familiar with Geocaching®: at least 10 caches to find on the route.